Bassist Wanted is a comic strip about music that appears in weekly newspapers. It’s been running since 2004.
- There’s a local band called the Ambulance Men.
- And then there’s a famous band called Jumpstart Malady.
- It also follows some music consumers.
- And some industry folks
The cartoonist (me)
My name is Porter Mason, and I write and draw and ink and scan and web design all of this all by myself. No one helps me do anything because they are all jerks, and anyway I have a Charles Schulz Complex.
I also help non-profits and do inprov and write and stuff. You can learn more about me if you like.
Other comic strips of mine
- One Nation, Thunder Dog: A strip I do about politics and politicians
- Back Bay: A strip I did about cute little philosophical animals
- Johnny, the Mediocre Human: A strip I did while I was at Duke University in the late 90′s
Publishing and reprinting information
If you would like to publish Bassist Wanted or simply heap praise upon me, you can send me an email.